Another Halloween has passed. More adorable children have come to my door! The innocent smiles and polite thank you's of the smallest make it worth the older ones who barely speak a trick or treat and seem only intent on gaining more treats as quickly as possible.
The most memorable of this year is the very young boy who inquired of my tummy much to his mother's embarrassment. After assuring mother it was good for him to ask I turned my attention to my young visitor. To my surprise, when I had lowered myself to my knees he came close and touched my tummy then politely informed me of the baby inside! Then he introduced himself as Sammy. His first question was of the baby's gender. I told him that Little One was a boy as he was. His attention then quickly turned from me to my tummy.
It seemed he must speak to Little One for a moment. You know... boy to boy. In spite of his mother's nervousness he came close and with his mouth no more than inches from my tummy he began to speak of what to expect and things Little One should do and not do. I could not help but snicker just a little when my visitor advised Little One to not make stinky poop because it makes it hard for Daddy to change his diaper. His last bit of wisdom to the baby was that he should hurry so he would not miss next Halloween. If Little One is not late then my visitor promises to take him out and show him the best places to go.
When his attention returned to me he very politely thanked me for his treats and as he walked to the elevator with his mother he cheerfully waved and said See you later!" Is it odd that I hope his promise is fulfilled and I do see him later?
It is good Lt is home since after Sammy was gone my task of rising to my feet again was proving more difficult than I had thought it would be. My feet were now numb from kneeling too long but what choice was there? I could not reject the attention of such a fine young boy as Sammy! I called Lt for assistance. He showed me his typical grin when I am in such simple difficulty. At the least I know I am able to entertain him.
I hope you enjoy your Halloween as I have mine!
What kind of treats do they give out in Japan for Halloween?
ReplyDelete