Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Welcome Relief/Unwelcome Rumors

It is sunny and warm (for now). It has been nice being dry and able to finish working around our house. I have been surprised by the small damages we have found as we cleaned and repaired. I wonder if they existed before the storm and only now are being discovered. The major damages are repaired at the least so we need not work with such determination. It has been far too long since our last visit to the beaches.

There is a rumor of relocation... again, though it is at the least not for a year. The unwelcome part of the rumor is it is likely the Commander will return to the Pacific Fleet. So much for the Commander's return to sea and me not being required to relocate. This alone is not the unwelcome part. It is the possibility of a return to Japan I do not wish.

Not all is negative. There is the possibility of returning to the Northwest. There is NS Everette in Washington. I would prefer this to many others. It is closer to the Bing family and my house. I know many places to visit. They have no hurricanes or typhoons.

I suppose there is only one thing I may do and that is to wait and see what the navy intends for us. They have not considered my preferences in the past. There is no reason for me to believe they will do so now.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Have Returned

I have returned to my house.

The yard will require much work to restore it to its former beauty. The house received very little damage. Given some other houses' damage, ours is amazingly slight.

Aside from the roof tiles, there are stains in the ceiling from leaking water but after few days to dry, we will paint and it will be forgotten. The walls of the garage will be replaced from water damage. It seems the garage door faced directly into the wind and much water came through the door. It begins to smell horrible so I do not enter the garage. All yard furniture was against the fence but we have returned it to its place. I thought them heavy enough to do well under the cover of the patio. I was wrong. For now, we concentrate on drying things. The Commander's tools and other items were first on our list. He was concerned of rust so after I dried them, he sprayed oil on them and wiped the again.

Other things will be tried later. I fear attempting to use my washer or dryer but I know I must do so if I am to have replacements should they not operate properly. The Commander says it depends on how deep the water was and if it ruined motors. Perhaps tomorrow will see the truth of it.

The damage we have received pales to others. We will see to what help we can give to them.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Leaving the Storm

Charles has decided that I will travel to Oregon to escape the storm. I had hoped I left this type of event in Japan. It appears that I am doomed to survive them. Of course, what would one expect when they reside so close to an ocean. That is where naval bases are usually located since ships are not to be found inland.

So here I sit packing for me and Chao lei to leave in the morning. I think it unnecessary but I will not argue since I get to enjoy a trip home. I miss Heather and Mother Bing. It will be good too visit them.

Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Hello again

I still live.

I do so with a busy 5 (AND a half, Mama!) years boy and my new minted Commander.

As for me, I have chosen to stop full time working and instead have more time with Chao lei and the Commander. We have also decided it is time to consider child number 2. Note that it was the Commander's suggestion that we do so.

It is not that I wished no more children. It is only working and tending Chao lei, it did not occur to me as a possibility at this moment. The Commander is more eager than I, it seems, to grow our family. And he wishes for a girl. So be it. :-)

Chao lei busies himself in preschool. His world centers on his next class day. Week ends would seem curses to him. He has been this way since his earliest days. I did not have the tears from him when I left him at daycare nor did I see them at his first day of riding the bus to preschool. He could not board that bus faster without injuring himself or others. I wonder if that says anything about me...

The Lt Commander is now a full Commander. He was disappointed that it required an additional year. It seems his current duty did not affect the board as he had been informed it would. He has asked to return to sea duty. When he does, my hope is we stay in this country. I would be satisfied with Mayport or Norfolk. Even San Diego would be acceptable. In the end, we will go where we are sent.

I have missed much. There is much catching up to do.