Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Have Returned

I have returned to my house.

The yard will require much work to restore it to its former beauty. The house received very little damage. Given some other houses' damage, ours is amazingly slight.

Aside from the roof tiles, there are stains in the ceiling from leaking water but after few days to dry, we will paint and it will be forgotten. The walls of the garage will be replaced from water damage. It seems the garage door faced directly into the wind and much water came through the door. It begins to smell horrible so I do not enter the garage. All yard furniture was against the fence but we have returned it to its place. I thought them heavy enough to do well under the cover of the patio. I was wrong. For now, we concentrate on drying things. The Commander's tools and other items were first on our list. He was concerned of rust so after I dried them, he sprayed oil on them and wiped the again.

Other things will be tried later. I fear attempting to use my washer or dryer but I know I must do so if I am to have replacements should they not operate properly. The Commander says it depends on how deep the water was and if it ruined motors. Perhaps tomorrow will see the truth of it.

The damage we have received pales to others. We will see to what help we can give to them.

1 comment: