I still live.
I do so with a busy 5 (AND a half, Mama!) years boy and my new minted Commander.
As for me, I have chosen to stop full time working and instead have more time with Chao lei and the Commander. We have also decided it is time to consider child number 2. Note that it was the Commander's suggestion that we do so.
It is not that I wished no more children. It is only working and tending Chao lei, it did not occur to me as a possibility at this moment. The Commander is more eager than I, it seems, to grow our family. And he wishes for a girl. So be it. :-)
Chao lei busies himself in preschool. His world centers on his next class day. Week ends would seem curses to him. He has been this way since his earliest days. I did not have the tears from him when I left him at daycare nor did I see them at his first day of riding the bus to preschool. He could not board that bus faster without injuring himself or others. I wonder if that says anything about me...
The Lt Commander is now a full Commander. He was disappointed that it required an additional year. It seems his current duty did not affect the board as he had been informed it would. He has asked to return to sea duty. When he does, my hope is we stay in this country. I would be satisfied with Mayport or Norfolk. Even San Diego would be acceptable. In the end, we will go where we are sent.
I have missed much. There is much catching up to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment