Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Nursery

Lt has finished the nursery for Little One. If I am asked I will say he has done a most excellent job. It has color but is light so is easy to be painted over when we leave. I also think the chair and crib are almost matched for the picture I saw.

Lt has indulged me to pay so much for the crib. It was not so much the crib that was expensive. It was the cost of shipping. When I first saw the cost I thought to myself Lt would require I settle for a crib from the NEX. After a long sigh I thought it is enough he has painted the room and laid carpet. As I prepared to shop for a crib Lt told me to stay home and he would see to it.

As I waited to be pleased with his choice I became anxious. Usually Lt has... acceptable... taste. Not necessarily to my taste but acceptable (I tremble when he tells me of buying something "special" for me). I know it is 18 weeks before Little One is to be born but there is no reason to wait until it is closer to the birth. What would happen if Little One decides he does not wish to wait the full time?

Have I said UPS is an amazing company? Well they are. It took only one week for my crib to arrive from the US. It arrived without so much as a dent in the box. The delivery man even took it to the nursery for me. I believe I will use them more often. Of course I will continue to use the FPO since it costs much less. But it is good to know if I miss a mailing dead line there is an alternative that is not so expensive as the Japanese post.

My Lt is very capable to make me happy.

1 comment: