Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Newest Portrait

We have a new portrait of little one! Unless something occurs to change this, there is only one more to be done.

Is his nose not cute? I know this will change some before his birth but it is not a bad image to have in one's mind until the real face is seen.

The next image is to be 3D. I am not sure of it. I question will it diminish the first sight of his face outside the womb. These are probably the wrong words I have chosen to express my meaning but it is all I can find. Some English still eludes me. It is only I do not wish to have less surprise(?).  I believe I will be required to think of this more.

Lt is underway... again. After delivering him to the ship I decided I would have my walk early. I did not eat breakfast before leaving home so I decided to stop for money to buy breakfast. This is what I saw.

I have used this ATM on several occasions but have never seen it as I saw it this morning. I suppose because it is usual that I drive to it so I have never really looked at it. Walking to it gave me a new way to see it.

It is an impressive sight. The photo does it little justice. What is surprising is this area is all industrial and yet, if one looks, there is beauty and awe inspiring sights to be seen. I have determined to spend time finding these places and showing them to you. People often get a wrong impression of what a Naval base appears to be.

I know there are many very hard working men and women who see to the appearance of the base. I have seen them. I am sure they are frequently dismissed as someone who is being punished for some infraction. I had often thought this too at the suggestion of Lt. I have found that this may be true in some instances but not in most. These sailors display pride in their work that is beyond simply "following orders." I wish to show you the results of their efforts.

The Navy Ball has been held. It was a wonderful event. I enjoyed it very much. Since there was little room in my dress or in my clutch I could not bring a camera so I must wait until the official photos are released.

Dancing in heels was not so easy as I had thought it would be. That did not prevent me from dancing mind you. It only required that I depended on Lt to hold me often. You should assume all dances I enjoyed with him were slow ones.

Not all went so well however. I will admit I was... irritated... when dinner was served. It seems Lt decided I did not wish for prime rib or chicken. He decided I would prefer vegetarian pasta. Yes, it tasted good but that is not the point. I do not enjoy having choices but not the opportunity to choose them for myself. The discussion of this was delayed to a more appropriate time of course.

Obviously I would not have chosen the prime rib because it is their habit to serve it, at best, medium. It is how I prefer it but I must have well done by my doctors caution. Fortunately, Lt had the chicken, which he was required to share a small portion with me. I gave him some vegetables.

In all, I enjoyed myself.. but... is it horrible of me to admit I preferred the ball at CG Station Yaquina Bay. It is probably due to it being much smaller and more personal but still, I feel a necessity to hold superior all things Navy. It could also be that it is where Lt proposed to me.

Yes, that is what I will say to it. The "Big Navy" will just have to understand this particular "Puddle Pirate" ball is special.

3 comments: