Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

A better day

Lt did not care for my state of mind from last Sunday. Who can blame him for it? He decided to try to improve my state so Saturday he bundled me up and to the train station we went. He did not say where we were going. I thought it to be close since it was not early that we left. I was incorrect. As he purchased our tickets I saw our destination to be Kuwana. The maps said it was 366 km. To my protests of arrive late he simply said, "I know." Four hours is long to be on a train especially when pregnant.

We spoke of small things mostly. We did discuss a name for Little One. Surprising to me, Lt seemed fond of Jia Li! We discussed rumors of the ship's next extended underway. Nothing is settled. Meanwhile we deal with "out and backs".

When we arrived in Kuwana we transferred to a bus. Soon I discovered we were going to see Nabana No Sato. It is a theme park that is normally focused on flowers. In winter there is a focus on lights.

This is what greeted me. It is impressive but does not compare to the remaining displays. My wish for this visit was that my friend Kat was here with Chandra to make good pictures of the displays.

The lights were so beautiful I forgot of the long train ride. I ignored sore feet. Moving from scene to scene continually awed me. Fortunately, many places had small platforms to stand above taller people.

This is a real tree decorated in lights. There were many decorated in this way. This is only what I thought the prettiest of them. I believe if I had such light and a similar tree I would never undecorate it.
                                                                                                                                                                                                         
I walked among the lights as long as I was able. It was difficult to leave the park.  It was so beautiful and peaceful. It seemed all who entered did so with excitement but soon quieted and simply enjoyed the atmosphere.

Unfortunately, the walk took its toll on my feet and back as did hunger. Reluctantly we left the park and went to find food. Lt arranged for our dinner at the Onseki Restaurant. It was a very relaxing place. It was a perfect compliment to the lights since it was quiet.

After an unhurried meal we retired to our hotel for the evening. It would have been impossible to return so late since there is a curfew for military at the base.

Lt is very capable of improving my life. He made these plans without my knowledge. With his review boards so close, Lt chose to focus on me. Every day he proves more to me I have made the correct choice for my husband. He again witnessed my tears and thought he had failed. I assured him he succeeded brilliantly. My tears were of happiness. He has great skill in making me happy.

On our return yesterday, we left early but did not hurry home. We left the train several times, usually when something through the window looked interesting. We arrived home late but before curfew.

Lt's care of me enabled me to return to the hospital this morning to visit the wife from Thursday. It wasn't so shocking as at first. Her eyes remained swollen but at the least she could see. It was difficult for her to speak as her mouth is wired closed.

She is to return to the US in a few weeks. There is to be hearings of her husband's behavior. Lt says it is very likely he will return also but only to be sent to prison. I believe that is the least he deserves.

My Lt is most precious to me. In all things he will be second only to Little One. I pray others have chosen their spouse as well as I.                                                  


1 comment:

  1. oh wow...I can only imagine how absolutely beautiful that was to see!!! Not sure Chanda could have captured it as well as you did!! :) It is tricky with lighting in the dark! You write so well...your words flow from the page and grip the heart. I found myself sighing with happiness that your Lt. takes such wonderful care of you. I'm glad he see's you for the treasure you are. Thank you for thinking of me when you were in such a beautiful place!! :)

    ReplyDelete