I do not wish to seem to be judging. Please do not believe this of me. I question because I do not understand. Perhaps I only have an improper perception.
I have been searching blogs for other Navy wives. I have noticed differences of enlisted and officer wives blogs. First, officer wives rarely seem to blog. Second, enlisted wive's blogs seem to exist only to complain of the Navy and celebrate when they believe they have beaten the Navy in some small way.. Third, I have discovered that my comment posted here earlier was not totally accurate. To be sure there are some that needlessly use swearing but there are enough so I need not concern myself with them.
For the first, I ask myself should I blog? Is there perhaps something I should know that I do not? I would believe as long as I am careful there is no threat to my Lt's career. I know there are those who watch details to make a picture of events. I know not to speak of my Lt's ship and its activities. I know too that because I am of Chinese origin, I am watched more closely. It is common sense for that to be. I believe I will continue to blog only being very careful what it is I write. You will not hear of ship activities unless made public by the Navy.
For the second, I understand there may be things I do not understand of the Navy. But I also know, even though I have not been a Navy wife long, there are many benefits. Many have experienced deployments. I soon will experience for myself. But does complaining of it change it? I am at a beautiful base with much to do. It will not replace my Lt but it will ease the separation. There is Dorothy to socialize with. There is my volunteer classes.
It seems to me these other wives simply do not have enough to do.
For the third, I have decided to edit this. Upon searching for more blogs, I was pleased to discover many that were of higher standards. I still do not understand the first ones I discovered but at the least there are others to read that have no visual trauma. I also found one that answered my question quite well without me having to ask it. She had almost the same question.
As I seek to more understand my new place, I am sure I will have more questions of things but I hope to seem more intelligent than I am by reading others first. Then, I will need ask fewer questions thus looking more intelligent! ;)
I understand you are not judging people, of course. I know you.. No, you have a pretty good perception of people. There is no problem with blogging, but you understand the rules very well. I know quite a few officer's wives from several services that blog..or used to. No information about his command, ship, anything that you learn only by being his wife. Anything else is ok.. most blog of their adjustment to service life, their joys and frustrations with being in another country, fun things they are doing that they never would have gotten to do if not for the Navy, pictures of the country they are in, etc. Much like you have always told stories for your friends and family. Nothing that could embarrass him or yourself. You already are very well disciplined in this, and have nothing to fear or be ashamed of in your blog.
ReplyDeleteYou may simply be a more positive and upbeat person, not a complainer. You will set a good example. Deployment is hard on wives, and you will help many with your attitude.
Many women today do use foul language regularly. I don't like it, either, but it is fairly common. Simply do as you routinely do, and maybe they will learn.
I think you expect that all wish to be proper and "high class". Not all wish to be so. You will become quite familiar with this, unfortunately. You have really been a little sheltered, in a professional atmosphere at work, with your friends and family that act as you do around you at home. Now you will see how SOME others act. It certainly is not all proper. Simply act as you always do, and ignore their crudity. It is an unfortunate fact that society is deteriorating here in America, and the service reflects that as well. Just enjoy your life, and be a good example!!:)