My body has not yet fully adjusted to Japan time. At the first, I thought it was insomnia returning but I have been reassured most everyone experiences the same. I will sip my tea and wait for its effects.
I have also discovered the cause for the Commander's wife's so soon visit. It seems my Lt and the Commander were both Coasties. Because of this the Commander has taken interest in helping my Lt "transition to the big navy." Dorothy's visit was at the request of the Commander.
It is uncomfortable to discover that one is the topic of discussions. Be they good or bad. I know there will be discussions of me. I am new. There will be questions of me. I have determined there will be no discussions of poor behavior I have displayed.
Mother has decided to return home. She has been strangely silent of the past days. I am sure she commits all events to her memory to make report to Father. It will be he who expresses his disapproval of my behavior. If this is the case I believe I will hide.
No comments:
Post a Comment