Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Firsts...

My first trip to the Commissary. It was much like any grocery store though some things were missing. It is not that many aren't available. They are only in their own store. The prices were very good. Only few things were not available but I have been told I am able to request special items.

My first trip to the Officer's Club. It was... interesting. To be so full of people, it is a lonely place. I was welcomed by those my Lt knew. Their wives, when present, smiled and said hello. I almost froze to death from the coolness of these hellos. I believe I will not be there often. In contrast, the dinning room was very good. The staff was beyond competent and very friendly. They behaved as though I were there reason to exist. The food was prepared very well and was very delicious! I was sure to have my Lt tip them well.

Today will be my first trip to the Navy Exchange and the Furniture Outlet.

2 comments:

  1. Those wives who said cool hellos sound miserable. I am sure you will be greeted with warm and bubbly personalities soon. Have fun in your new home. I spent a summer in Japan as an undergrad, and to this day cherish the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are simply unsure, as you are. There is usually a good comraderie between Navy wives. We will see how it will go. You have no idea what your Lt. may have said about you, and no idea what that might have sounded like to them!!LOL Men have no idea... Wait and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete