Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Visit

There have been discussions elsewhere concerning me.

The commander's wife has visited. Her name is Dorothy. She seems a very kind person. She graciously listened to my fears for my previous day's behavior and reassured me no one will remember it past today.

I was told how I must behave when I am not at my home or when I am not among my closest friends.
It seems there is much for me to learn and she is willing to teach me. Tomorrow will be my first lesson. There is a meeting at the dining room. I am to remain at her side and watch carefully.

Thank you Jean for your words. To act upon them I will buy myself something to remind me of my position so that I will not bring shame to my Lt again. I will not permit myself to forget I am a naval officer's wife. I represent the US Navy. I represent my country.

I will learn all I am able to learn. I will be a Navy Wife.

2 comments:

  1. Life is a school where we are all learning. Only those who pass on, have graduated.

    You have a gentle heart. You will represent your Coastie just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with kat! We all have faults, or things we wish we had done differently. We just need to learn from them.It is not possible to be perfect, nor is it expected. You will do well, and he will be proud of you, as he has always been.

    ReplyDelete