What is it about Japan? Every time here has the same results! Please do not make me return again.
I now know why I have been so moody and nauseous and it seems Chao lei apparently minds his mother closer than his mother does. It seems I may actually be a bit puffy. The doctor initially thought it could be some kind of infection in my tummy, so he did a UA. I thought it odd when he wanted to perform a second one. The results were there was an infection in by bladder that was enough to cause some nausea. The second UA was done as a common precaution for women prior to prescribing that particular medicine. It proved I could not have the initial medicine the doctor was going to prescribe. I required an alternate one.
The alternate was required because the second UA says I am pregnant. Again.
I am due October 6. It must be the Japanese water. Chao lei and Jun were both conceived and born here. Now a third is conceived here. The other children were just getting to where they were more independent.
It is not the idea that I am angry for it. It is only that I was unprepared and now, everything resets. I am happy about it only now I worry. Risks multiply with age. We have also just begun a PCS and my travel could be restricted by June since the military will not let a pregnant mother travel after a certain time of her pregnancy. Our PCS time is very close to that time limit. It may be that I will be required to leave Japan early and/or give birth in the US and travel after with a newborn without Jared being there. Not that it would be a new thing. He was absent for the births of both our children. The difference would be the first were missed because he was at sea, not that it makes a difference, really.
Should it be necessary, it is likely I would stay with Mother Bing. She would be so excited were I to have this baby with her present. It has been some time since she had an infant to dote over. Unfortunately, my real mother would miss it this time. She was present for Chao lei and Jun. Perhaps, with Mother Bing’s permission, I could fly here thereto stay with me too. How wonderful would that be for the new one to have two doting grandmothers present?
What do I want? I do not know. I had not anticipated another child. There are positives to both boys and girls. Another son means (forgive the Chinese thinking here) more help for the family and another to carry forward the name. A daughter means I get to have my way in how she will be dressed (though Jared has done well in my standard for Jun). My real only desire is for a healthy baby, boy or girl is unimportant.
For me, deciding a name is not so simple. The Chinese method to choose a name can be complicated. Combine that with the need for Jared to have input too. Chao lei is actually his middle name. His Proper name is Charles Chao lei, but I will NOT have my son called Charley so to avoid that possibility he is called Chao lei, which sounds similar enough to sound more English. Jun is only a portion of my daughter’s name. Her full name is Jun bao. My mother calls her that, but we only call her Jun (pronouncing it joon). Chinese name/English sound.
In my early thinking, a boy could be called Bo han or a girl could be named Li sha. Both names are fully Chinese, but Jared could use them in English as Bo or Lisa. But then again, he does not know of the pregnancy yet, so it has not been discussed. The Red Cross is to send a message to the ship. His Internet is spotty at best so usually it is best for him to make contact. I could text but the Red Cross is faster when they are at sea.
So… the double adventure of PCS and pregnancy begin.
Congratulations! It always seems impossible that a new baby will fit into the life we're already living, and then after they're born, it is equally impossible to imagine how life was without them in it.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh! I am so glad that the root cause was something understandable, and something you have gone through before-- instead of something much more unknown. ☺ Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you and your baby will remain safe and healthy. I also wish you the best happy reaction from your husband, when you talk to him next. ☺♥
ReplyDelete