Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Still Going

 

My cheerful mood has decided it is not finished yet.

Yesterday, after the children and I returned from our days at school, I remained very cheerful. Chao lei seemed in a good mood also and Jun followed suit. I turned on some music as I was about to prepare dinner. A song came on and I suppose Chao lei watches his father and I better than I think because I found myself suddenly being danced about the room by him. It was Dan Seals – Bop. It is a lively tune and Chao lei was leading very well. I admit it. It was tremendous fun. Had I known my son would wish to dance with his mother, we would have danced sooner. Cue Jared. He arrived home, also in a good mood and chided Chao lei about dancing with his woman and they may have to fight and took me away from him. Do not pity Chao lei though because he had a dance partner in Jun. I wonder if the neighbors thought there was a party at our house. We danced for a long time. So long, dinner was at Manchu Wok on the base since it was too late to prepare anything before bedtime.

The evening surprised me, but I am so happy that we had a time of fun as a family. We have it so rarely when Jared is home. I believe we will repeat this often for the next months before Jared assumes his next ship. This is what I want my children to remember of their father. There is a father/daughter dance soon and Jared will be participating. I will fight the Navy for this to happen. The ship would have to wait.

They say every pregnancy is different. So far, this one does not resemble the first two. I hope it continues in the way it has so far. I am not usually a sad or weepy person. Neither am I a “Pollyanna.” But I could get used to my elevated cheeriness.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! This makes me so happy! What a lovely memory for you to look back on-you all dancing together, and your son wanting to dance with you. May you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete