Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Happy, Happy, Happy!

I had a wonderful day, night, and week.

Yesterday, the mood… or hormones… take your pick, kicked in and I was in a fabulous mood. I was humming as I made breakfast. I thought it would only be a cheerful day but after breakfast was cleared, Jared sat at his desk turned on some music; first up, Journey – Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin’. My dance hormones overpowered me so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and cajoled him into dancing with me. I like a morning dance. Don’t you? The next song kept the hormones raging. To be honest, the next 5 songs kept them raging.

In order to get anything done, Jared bribed me. If I would let him get his work done, with no dancing, he would take me out dancing. “But… if we dance here, you could hold me… anyway you want.” (insert sly look here). He really needed to get work done or I am losing my touch. I had to settle for dances later. However, he said nothing about me wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. Often. All morning.

Evening came and we arranged a babysitter. I squeezed into my best Qi Pao to … umm… encourage… Jared to dance close to me. It is always an ego boost when your husband hovers around you like he is protecting you from wild beasts. It is amazing how many patrons stopped at our table to say hello to “us” and Jared replied for us, even though they were usually looking to me. Qi Pao is not often seen here so it is a novelty that attracts attention. I do give him appropriate kisses, so it is known whose I am. That is, after all, whose attention I desire. His hand did slip now and then and pressing against him with a quiet “Oh!’ and a giggle, got the wandering hand back to publicly acceptable areas. The Officer’s Club is a bit prudish at times. Decorum is a must. It was a grand evening. Even today, his neck is not safe.

This is Qi Pao

Another thing that pleases me very much is the student I mentioned in a post is making good on her promise to work better in class. She turns in overdue homework, which increases my short term work amounts but I am more than pleased for it. She has also been working hard on her writing. She has learned 200 more characters and can write them when I call them to her. Honestly, she is better than many third-year students. If she keeps this up, she will graduate with her 4.0 GPA intact. She is also my hallway defender. As I move through the hallways, she is there to clear the path or settle rowdies that have the potential to bump me. I ask her to stop but it does no good.

I know her problem has been a lack of attention. I gave her just a little and she has done an incredible turnabout. Her other teachers say her performance is as she has a studious twin attending for her. I am so happy this is so.

Why does she not get her attention at home. My theory is this: Her father is a new ship’s captain and is often gone just like Jared. There is only her mother usually at home. The captain’s wife has a lot of stress. When her husband is gone, she must do it all. One must prioritize their life and family. It is possible her mother is overwhelmed and has allowed her daughter to fall too far down the priority list. All I can say is, I gave her just a little extra attention and she blossomed beautifully. I wish there was a way to tell this to her mother. Or perhaps private conversations with her other teachers would be as effective.

What I know is, for the remaining time I have here, she will receive from me as much encouragement as possible. I am just tickled pink as Mother Bing says.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! I hope you have many of those "happy hormone" days ahead. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the most precious!! Also, I love that your student is working so diligently! That's such a gratifying thing <3

    ReplyDelete