Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Mish-Mash

 

Jun has had her entertaining moments, her “What did you say?” moments, and her snarky moments this week.

We were watching a movie. Suddenly, Jun sat rigidly upright, jumped up from her seat, and began running from the room and shouting,

          Jun: I should not have trusted that fart!

You have no idea how happy I am she reserves these outbursts for when she is home and not in public. I look at her father for these words because I certainly do not teach them to her.

Chao lei and Jun were discussing a recent outing we had enjoyed but it seems they could not agree on the details.

          Chao lei: We apparently remember things differently.

Jun: Yes, I remember them clearly. You do not.

Touche, my daughter. Touche.

She had other things this week that were very surprising, but I believe they would be inappropriate for this blog. I now know though; my children will fill in the blanks of information they do not know so it is clear that they be assured there is no question they cannot ask me and that I will answer.

On the pregnancy front…

Bladder the size of a thimble. Check. Heartburn. Check. New addition, it seems the baby will not allow pao cai (the Chinese version of kimchi, sort of). For those who do not know, kimchi is usually fermented cabbage with spices. Pao cai is vegetables that are pickled and fermented. A slight difference but enough for Korea to argue over. I get it. Protect your culture. At any rate, I can have neither without consequences.

I learned something new. Jared has purchased a new summer White uniform. His CoC will be conducted in whites, so a new set was required. I love the white uniform. He looks so handsome in it too. What was learned? Jared asked me to help him assemble it. It is more difficult than one would believe. I have never used a ruler to prepare my dress to be worn. Everything must be placed as exactly as possible. Who would have believed it would take 1½ hours to do this.

Jared’s preferences for my wardrobe for the CoC have been stated. He wishes for me to wear a white dress with some gold trimming. It is not often he has made requests such as this, but I understand what he is going for. I have the perfect Qi Pao but I will be 15 weeks pregnant so it would not fit. Being given suggestions of my wardrobe makes it easier since my tendencies are to greens and blues. Funny as it is, I hate standing out when in a crowd but my choices tend to make me do just that, such as a Navy Ball I attended in an emerald green gown that was the ONLY emerald green in the room. Sometimes my tastes are my doom. As at the Navy Ball, my usual tastes not blend in a sea of white.

Everything seems to be speeding up. February is over already leaving 3½ months until we leave Japan for Spain. Let us see if my scheduling is effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment