Jared is home from his last cruise of Japan. That is not to say there will be no short trips. Next event is the change of command ceremony. I have already met the new captain. I will meet his wife when she arrives in two weeks. Until then, I will assist as I may with arranging it.
I am afraid I caused Jared to worry about me too much. After receiving the notification from the Red Cross, he video called to check on me. Since I was not expecting his call, I was not prepared for it and was in the middle of a cry festival. Of course, I had Jun giving me snuggles when I answered and as soon as she saw her father’s face she shouted, “Hi Daddy! Mommy is sad again.” These are not the kind of calls I want to have when he is at sea. He has much to think of when they are at sea. He does not need to worry about me too.
After calming his mind and ensuring that I was ok, this was a result of medication and would soon be done, we spoke of the pregnancy itself. I gave him what details I had, which are sparse so early on. I told him to think of names for boys and girls. While I want them to have mixed names, western and eastern, this time it is his decision because I essentially had my way with naming Chao lei and Jun. I do reserve some say. I will not tolerate strange or archaic names.
They did make one port call this trip. Jared bought gifts for us but that is normal. The children would be disappointed if he did not bring something to them and he would not allow that. For me, he is home. That is gift enough for me. I need not worry about deployments for the remainder of this tour. He is mine until he assumes command in Spain. Having said that, he brought me the most beautiful Palace Hanboc from Korea. It is large for me so I will have to get it altered to fit properly. It seems he was listening as I described why I am so hooked on Korean Dramas. Now to find a Korean Lady to teach me how to wear it. Lol
This is the picture from the package it came in
I have finished the course of medicine, now to see if the moodiness ends. I pray they do. Especially the tearfulness. Tears seem to unsettle Jared regardless of what emotion drives them. He was greeted on the pier with tears but not because I was sad. Jun has not learned the difference yet so announced to Jared “Mommy is sad again.” I told him no; I was just happy to see him. I will admit, I have never fought with my children before of who he wraps his arms around first. I did this time. I won. I took my time and did not rush it. No, I was not concerned with having the children wait. I needed it more than they did.
Now we begin walking the PCS path together to the end. The pregnancy path? Probably not. I will have him to myself for approximately 6 months. The change of command for his new ship occurs in July. I have been a Navy wife long enough to know, He will not be home long after assuming his ne command. Maybe I will have good fortune and he will stay in the Atlantic and not enter the Mediterranean. I am not holding my breath.
So, I will begin the new year with my husband and children at least this year. Next year? Who knows but I will take this year. We will look like any other family except my husband will still wear a Navy uniform. Ok. We will look like a shore duty family. We will be together for a time.

I can hear the relief in these words, even reading them. Enjoy your family time. And happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got the first hug. You deserve it!!
ReplyDelete