I find I am becoming more happy as Thanksgiving nears. This is for many reasons.
The best reason is Coastie will be here. I will pick him up at the airport tomorrow afternoon. I have prepared his room at Mother Bing's house. I think we will have time together to do as we wish tomorrow and Friday. The remaining time will be spent with all the family about.
Mother Bing is to show me how to prepare turkey, stuffing, and her cranberry sauce. She insists I know the preparation of the cranberry sauce because she has taught all her other daughters. Mother Bing is skilled at making one feel happy.
I am told there will be other Bings I have not met. I did not think this possible. I am beginning to think of how large this family is.
Big Boss has assigned me the task of delivering a dinner to a family that is recommended to him. I will do this tomorrow morning before I must go to the airport. I think this is a wonderful thing he does. I am honored he has requested I deliver it. I will bring nephews to assist me as there is much to deliver. I have thought to add treats for the children. There is much included in the boxes but there is nothing specifically for the children. I thought to add ice cream and small candies. Would this be inappropriate?
I hope all who read this enjoy their day as much as I am sure to enjoy mine.
Treats for the kids would be nice, but ice cream might be a risky choice.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend.
I agree with Loofa.. some small candies or treats would be appropriate, but ice cream may present a problem if they don't have a good refrigerator or if the children are not available at the time.. it's wonderful he has asked you to do this for him. I hope you enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteJean
What a thoughtful gift. The kids will love it.
ReplyDeletethey'll love it as long as it's sweets. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete