The holiday meal was wonderful. But for Mother Bing, that is normal. I must now visit the gym to punish myself for eating too much. There was turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, roast, venison, deviled eggs, salads, and pies of all sorts. Some dishes I do not know what they were but even so, they were delicious.
I did not share Coastie until late Wednesday and even then only a short time. Thursday I had no choice but to share him. I was sure to introduce him to those who did not know him. At first he spent much time apart from me as Mother Bing required my assistance. After the meal began we were not separated until time to clean, though he insisted that he help too. I gave him a broom and a kiss and told him to begin. When all was completed we attempted conversation but I seem to have fallen asleep against Coastie's chest. I was comfortable. The evening ended with Father Bing shooing me out the door.
I returned Friday morning early. I wished to spend as much of the day with Coastie as was possible. We spent the morning shopping for gifts (it was his idea). We ate lunch downtown.
Then there was the drive to the airport. The time to separate came much too quickly. It seems security requires one to sit alone for 2 hours before they must fly.
These time I wish I were more as a man. A man is able to say goodbye without tears. I seem to have a need to wash my face when I say goodbye. Men do not go home with swollen and red eyes. I do. Still, I am pleased he came.
I must console myself with knowing he returns in 5 weeks.
the separation only makes the union so much sweeter.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and I'm sorry you were so sad to see Coastie go..kind of ;).. I am glad he seems to value you so much, and you obviously value him. Men expect and like some tears in this situation, and probably he would doubt your feelings if you were not that sad to see him leave. The time will go quickly, and it will be all the sweeter to see him when he comes back.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a wonderful time for this holiday, but I'm with you on the gym idea.
ReplyDeleteMen do cry but inside themselves.
ReplyDeleteThus the need for bellowing at the TV during sports shows. It airs out their insides :)
Aafrica... yes I must agree with you.
ReplyDeletejeankfl... I value Coastie very much. At this moment he seems to be in my future.
loofa... One would think to avoid the punishment of the gym simply by not eating so much. But it all tasted so delicious.
haphazardkat... I have often wondered of this custom of shouting at the TV as if players are able to hear. Now it is explained. Thank you! LOL