My father has sent word he will come in January. He will bring Mother and Jiao with him. To bring my mother is no surprise but my sister is. She is in school still. It makes me happy that she will come. It has been long time since seeing her.
I will show Jiao the places I enjoy. I will also borrow a horse from Cherry to take her riding. I think she will enjoy that. Perhaps she may accompany me to my work and see how American companies work. Then she will learn first hand rather than only what her teacher says to her. Cherry's nieces will also have interest in her. A chinese teenager is unique to them and both have curiosity of the other. I think they will discover they are not so different as they may believe.
I will take Mother to the small craft shops. She enjoys looking for things made by people rather than machines. I will be sure to take her to the rosewood factory. There are many items made by the craftsmen there. There is also a shop that makes furniture with only tools that were used by craftsmen in the 1700's. Mother will enjoy that very much I think.
Father I will accompany where he wishes. He decides what things interest him and it is difficult to guess what does. It is better to wait for him to say. I do not wish to show him things he has no interest in. When Father is bored he is not the best companion.
I am anxious for Father's visit. I will be assessed. He will decide if I have done well. Some will believe that because I have property I am sure to be considered a success. I know Father will look beyond that. He will see if it is sound or if I waste money. What potential is in the investment. Do I bring my family honor or shame.
Being sometimes a devil I hope to be found to bring honor to my father. He will surely hold me up to my brother who has no land yet is older than I. He is married and has children yet has only begun in management at his workplace. I have no husband, have land of my own, and am a manager at my work. It will be the first time I have bested him. I should be ashamed to think such things. I am not but I should be. lol
I will please my father. I am sure of this.
Your Father should be very proud of you. Most important, you should be very proud of yourself and your accomplishments.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your Father will look further then the possessions and work position you have acquired nd see the beautiful person his child has grown to be.
I have read your words and have seen glimpses of a very warm, wise and loving woman.
He should be proud, indeed.
Goodness you are the daughter that my parents wish me to be instead of the intensely stubborn mess that I have become. If your parents are not pleased, then tell them to talk to me.
ReplyDelete~ Intensely in China
I'm sure he will be pleased and proud of you. You order your life as you should, you keep in mind the effect you have on his honor, and Coastie's, and you are careful with your words and deeds. I cannot help but think he has no way to be other than pleased. I hope he shows you how much.
ReplyDeleteAfter all you've told me about your family in the past, I would love to meet them myself. I may have to visit while they're visiting. As for the rest, there's no way that they could be any more proud of you. And there's nothing quite like sibling rivalry.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, when are you a devil?
haphazardkat... Your words flatter me. Thank you. My wisdom is only repeating that which my father has taught me.
ReplyDeleteIntensely... I suspect you are better than you say and I think your parents would not change you. Also, I hope you are enjoying your visit.
jeankfl... My father will find truth. What he finds amiss he will be sure to show me. He wishes for me to be secure.
loofa... My brother says I am a devil always. I am only a devil when he deserves it. I will not say how often that is. ;)