My Lt's ship has left dry dock! There is still much work to do but the ship will be available for duty soon. It is interesting to see the excitement of the crew as the time approaches for them to "get to work." It seems sailors do not care to have their ship in port for to much time. Even if that means they must leave their family in port. The under ways will begin soon. I can not say I look to them with happiness as they do but it is the Navy. I had better adjust to it or my life will unhappy.
In a certain way it will be satisfying to see something written of my Lt's ship as it participates with the rest of the fleet. I am weary of reading of the other ships and nothing of his. It is quite different when speaking with other wives and they tell of what their husbands ships are doing at sea and I must say "we are in dry dock."
Lt is in trouble with me. He has given me something I have emphatically said I did not want. The Commander shares in this since he is the one who took Lt to aquire this thing. I was awakened this morning by unusual noises. I opened my eyes to find this sitting upon my bed...
After I have finished expressing my anger at Lt, I suppose the only task remaining is to name her. Suggestions?

Beautiful little feline. She looks like a little snowflake.
ReplyDeleteShe is precious!! Laoch is right.. what's the Japanese word for snowflake? Or the Chinese word.. I know how you feel.. it really isn't the best idea, but he meant well. Maybe you can find a friend that will take her when you leave? She is absolutely lovely.. look at that face!!!lol
ReplyDeleteSince she is Japanese I will call her Yuki, which means Snow. I thought of Yuki No Hana which means snow flower but it is much to say when calling for a cat. Yuki will suit her I believe.
ReplyDelete