My Lt has decided it is time for me to learn those things I will need to do in his absences.
Today, he "taught" me of repairing a leaking faucet. You do not own a house without learning of these things unless you are wealthy. I am not wealthy. I was dutiful to listen and watch as he showed me those things I already know. He is doing this for my best interests.
He says I must be capable while he is deployed or under way. (I do not know why the Navy requires both terms. Each means my Lt is away from me. It is only the length of time that is different.) There will be some tasks I will always require another to do. I would not clean a horse stall and I will not "snake the toilet." I will seek someone who is skilled at that just as I hired the nephews to clean the stalls.
I know these things he teaches, or at the least attempts to teach, are because he loves me and seeks my well being. They make me smile. Not from ridicule but from love. It is a good thing to have someone love you this way.
It is a "man thing" so I will not take it from him. I will smile, listen, Learn as best I may, and give him kisses for every lesson.
He is a good man for teaching you those things...and it will bring him peace of mind when he is gone from you and cannot fix things for you.
ReplyDeleteHehe.. you do well. He is a good husband. He worries about you. A man should worry about his wife when he is gone. If they just remembered we used to live without them!!LOL I'm glad he thinks you need him so much.
ReplyDelete