My Lt is in the hospital.
It seems his gall bladder was not performing as it should. My poor Lt spent several hours nauseous and in pain. At hospital they decided to remove it. He spent the night and they released him to quarters yesterday.
This would seem to be good news but there is more to it than that. The doctor informed him he may eat that which he tolerates well. Is it only me or do others think of what that may be?
My Lt thought he knew. He insisted stopping and buying a sub. I thought he should be more careful be he informed me he was tired of no taste to his food. To his credit he ate a small sandwich when it is his habit to eat the largest available but it remained a poor decision.
Now he lies in the hospital with greater pain in his stomach than before. It seems the lettuce, pickles, and multigrain bread does not agree with the surgery. They will keep him again to control his pain and have given medicine to help the bad food pass more easily. He asked me to leave the room when he was given it. He is not comfortable of me witnessing his taking of medicine when it is not by mouth or injection. ;)
I will make his food decisions for a time until he is fully recovered. I do not believe he will enjoy it but it is necessary. I will follow what a dietician has told me, "If it looks good, smells good, or tastes good, he can not eat it."
I will also inform the Commander he is not permitted to eat anything beyond what I send with my Lt or I will cry to Dorothy. That should be sufficient threat to ensure he cooperates. :)
I will have a larger baby first than I believed. lol
Start him with clear liquids, then quickly progress up to full liquids. Clear liquids are broth, jello, sprite, tea, etc. Full liquids can include thicker soups, pudding, etc. Then try some toast, eggs, things like that. The biggest thing is it must all be low or no-fat. Fat is the enemy right now. That sandwich had much more fat than he needed. Until his body adjusts to less bile salts, he will have to avoid fats, salt, processed foods. It can be delicious, just no fat. Stir fried vegetables, chinese noodles, or rice, broth soups like won ton or egg drop, or even hot/sour. as long as they are low fat. Let us know how he does!lol
ReplyDeleteMen are SUCH big babies..
I agree with Jean!
ReplyDeleteGood luck--I'm sorry your man is so sick!! :(
question is...will this be harder on you than him?! Hang in there. Be strong :)