my Lt has begun to pull me closer as we sleep, a sure sign he is recovering well. I have missed this. He remains tender to be sure but at the least he well enough to want to embrace. I was able to sleep an entire night finally! I had begun to forget what it is to be rested!
He returned to limited duty yesterday. He seemed to tolerate it well. He experienced some discomfort but was able to complete his day. Providing he does not return to heavy activity too soon, we should return to what is normal for us very soon.
I have seen what many have not. Work continues on the ship but we were allowed to see it in places. It is unnerving to stand here knowing it is only wooden blocks that hold the entire ship. I know my Lt is anxious for the work to be complete. But i know that when it is finished He will leave port. It is only sensible. The work must be tested before returning the ship to full duty.
The only question to remain is "How long?" How long before it is ready? How long will they be under way for testing? How long until they are gone for an extended time?
I suppose I will enjoy what is now and worry of time apart when I see the ship's wake as it leaves port.

No comments:
Post a Comment