My house is now occupied by someone other than me. It seems strange to not enter it at my will. At the least I know it will be cared for.
Peevey has a new rider. I am permitted to ride as I wish until I leave. I hope he behaves with Amanda better than he did for me.
The truck is gone. The car remains. I will keep it until I leave and announce the new owner after I leave. I have been pestered by nieces of who will get it. It will teach them patience to wait. Who can tell but I may have Mother Bing drive it for a time and decide for herself who should have it.
My Lieutenant has been diligently searching for our home. He has "narrowed the search" to four houses so I may choose easier. Apparently, I am easily overwhelmed by decisions. He and I will discuss this in detail at a later date.
Are you missing it all?
ReplyDeleteI think Mother Bing will be a wonderful and wise driver/authority.
ReplyDeleteI am doing the same with my house, since I moved into town.. there are other people there. They are family, but it is no longer mine.. I do not make the plans, or carry them out. It's difficult.
I think your Lt is trying to help.. and he probably has specifics needed due to his position. Most servicemen do this same search for their wives, so they are all within the parameters needed, so you can have a home quickly, since you cannot stay on base.. He would be urged to do this by his CO, and I think it has little to do with your abilities or lack thereof. I hope you enjoy your search.
Zeri Kyd... I miss it terribly. I worry of the care of my house. They are "family" but it does not ease my mind.
ReplyDeleteJeankfl... It is good to hear another way of thinking of this. I have become too accustomed to some thinking I am a woman and incapable of making decisions that I now assign this trait to my Lieutenant. I will think more clearly from here forward. Thank you.