Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

She is here???

Mother is here. It seems she wishes to accompany me to Japan.

I had no notice. I had no phone call. I was in the apartment reading as I ate my dinner only to see my door open and Mother standing there. I sat there with lo mein noodle hanging from my mouth with total confusion. Who is this person who looks strangely like Mother?

Then I see Mother Bing. She explains Mother has called her and arranged to come secretly. It was to be a surprise for me to have a companion during my travel and help me become established in my new house.

See Mother remove the noodle from my chin and smile at me as though I am a small child.

Fortunately, wine is not allowed to be shipped. I have several bottles on hand though whiskey might be better.

I love my mother. I have only not yet recovered from her last visit.

I am ...........stunned.

3 comments:

  1. lol! i sympathize you, but this is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. God. I really sympathize with you. This should be hell on wheels. I believe family should stay strictly away from any long or overnight visits for at least one year(or longer) from a wedding. A new couple needs to set their own ways, and make their own traditions and habits. Mothers make that very difficult, as they simply cannot resist telling daughters what to do. The couple can visit family, but others should stay away from their house! I'll pray for you while she is here!!LOL I agree with aafrica.. this is gonna be good. Well, just remember to vent to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. That's unnerving.

    ReplyDelete