It seems we are in TCCOR 4. They predict 3 will be declared tomorrow but that the typhoon will only deliver a glancing blow. (that is funny! lol)
Lt and I have begun to settle into a routine. He remains annoyed I know more of the base than he does. I try to pretend I do not but he looks to my eyes and can tell. Even to look away tells him I know something he does not. To ease his annoyance I have taken to smiling at him and saying "I love you!" It seems to ease him. At the least he returns my smile and tells me he loves me though sometimes his smile seems.... forced.
He has become accustomed to breakfast too early in the morning. At the first morning he woke me at 0430. For those who don't know what time that is, it is far too early for this mother to rise. We have compromised. I will grudgingly rise at 5:30 am and prepare his breakfast. I do not do this because he is incapable of cooking. It is only that he is incapable of cooking without destroying my kitchen.
It is acceptable for me to do this for him. He repays very well. Lt is amazing when he massages my feet every night. I would believe he has attended school he massages so well. He has even painted my toenails. I believe I have not enjoyed a pedi as much as when Lt gives it. After all, the woman at the salon does not give my feet kisses. ;-)
Too, he applies cream to my tummy. I say it is because he believes there are enough scars and desires to see no more. He says it is because he enjoys it as much as I do. What is important though is not what I believe or what he believes. Only that he does it is what is important. I enjoy this time most. He is gentle and he speaks to Little One as he applies the cream.
Lt has always been loving and generous to me. I spent much time in choosing him. In spite of my close inspection of him I was not prepared for his attentions to Little One. It gives me an entirely new way to see him. To call him a doting father would be an understatement. I am surprised and think of what might have happened at sea to change him so. He was not this attentive to the baby at his last time home.
I am happy to see this part of Lt. If he is so caring of Little One after his birth as he is has been already, I have chosen very well the father of my child.
This blog post made me smile all the way down to my heart :)
ReplyDelete