It is as I said. Why must you doubt me? (this is written for Lt.)
Lt doubted me of it being a son. He cited his family stories and how his Papa was never wrong in these matters. His grandfather insisted I would give birth to a girl. I have even received things for a girl. How awkward will it be explaining that the infant wearing the "Daddy's Girl" jumper is a boy? It will not be for me since he will not wear it when he is with me. Lt may be required to explain since Little One will only wear it when he is with Poppy.
It seems too, this pregnancy sharpens the edge of old memories. I thought of Fat Luey this morning. I could not help myself. I found myself weeping as if it had just occurred. I was not prepared for that. Poor Yuki did not understand though it seemed she did her best to comfort me. Leaving to the doctor was not easy since my vision was so blurry. I was eventually able to control myself and my eyes were mostly dry when I arrived at the hospital.
I am hopeful there are no more of these sudden weep sessions.

I love the ultrasound pictures, so exciting.
ReplyDeleteThey say pregnancy can be a delicate time emotionally... Thinking of you and your little one fondly ~
ReplyDeleteEven the sharp-edged memories, no matter how dicey, are worth remembering. And sometimes they're the most meaningful.
ReplyDeleteEeek! Congratulations! This is so exciting! I love ultrasounds.
ReplyDelete