During my daily walk this morning I stopped at my usual bench to sit for a time and watch the harbor. It is this time I usually think of my day ahead and what I will do. This morning was different. My day ahead was not my thoughts but my days past were what I thought of.
I thought of my arrival in America. I had worked so hard to come here. Intel had recruited me from school but only after I inquired of them. I was so excited as I boarded the airplane. I thought only of good possibilities for me. But as the flight wore on, doubt entered my mind. By the time we landed I was so afraid. It is a fearful thing to be where there is no family and the language is not yours. The fear did not remain long but that is another story.
I thought of my second family, the Bings, who have treated me as their own daughter from my arrival. Mother Bing has introduced me as her daughter from early days to now. Father Bing has seen to my well being.
I thought of Heather, who greeted me at the airport, and the sister she has become to me. We have braved storms and sliding hillsides together. We have "hunted" together. Someday I will explain what our "hunting" was. We have laughed and cried together.
I thought of first meeting Lt when he was a Coastie on one of my frequent visits of the ocean. I thought of Lt's proposal. And our wedding. I thought of what I have in Lt. I thought of the baby that is ours. In all, I thought of how blessed I am. I could not help but cry just a little.
It was then Tammy happened upon me... again. She sat beside me making sure I was well... again. I assured her all was well... again.
She pulled me to my feet and we walked toward McDonald's chatting all the way. We have decided we will walk together every morning. Unless, of course, she has duty. Since Dorothy was surprised at seeing me with Tammy, I am only able to imagine Lt's thoughts of my daily walk with her.
I think it is good that occasionally one stops to remember good things of their life and to say prayers of thanksgiving for them.

Thumbs up.
ReplyDelete