Pages

Friday, March 08, 2024

93 Days to Go

I had never really thought of how soon it is for us to leave Japan. We have lived here for 8 of 12 years so it feels almost like home. It now feels odd knowing we are leaving to hopefully not return. It is not that Yokosuka is a bad base. It is a good one with much to do and see but I have seen it for so many years. I am ready to see someplace else.

My wish is being granted. I would have preferred a CONUS assignment, but Spain will do I suppose. A positive side is my children get to see another foreign country instead of only reading about it. In truth, they will see much of Europe since the current plans are to homeschool and take lots of … umm… field trips. That is what I will call them. Or I could get lucky and a teaching position at DoDEA becomes available.

All the necessary appointments are beginning to run together. My planner is becoming exhausted. Not only are there PCS appointments, but I also have OB appointments mixed in. The beginning of June will be the most hectic. That is when the medical out-process appointments will occur.

Our plan is to leave Japan on June 7. It is immediately after school ends but only just. That date is completely dependent on the transportation office but it should be close. His RNLT date is June 28. That will give us approximately three weeks to do whatever we choose. I wish for at least one week at home so the children can be with Mother Bing. I wish for then to see her as another grandmother since I see her as my American mother. I would be pleased if they called her Gigi as her other grandchildren do but I will not force it. Jared needs to explain to her why he has kept “her girl” away for so long. “Her girl” is a title I wear joyfully.

As long as the pregnancy continues as it is, these next few weeks should not be too difficult. I know that it is progressing since my clothes are beginning to become snug at the waist and I am beginning to be a little bit tired more often. Maternity section here I come since walking always in pajamas is not an option right now.

1 comment:

  1. What exciting times! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well, and that your husband and family treat you well throughout it!!

    ReplyDelete