Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Last Day

What does your alarm sound like? does yours beep or buzz? Do you use your phone? I do not usually require an alarm to wake since I wake at before alarms may sound. That can be a blessing and a curse. This morning though, I was woke by an alarm of sorts.

BAM, BAM, BAM! MA MI! CAN YOU COME OUT YET?  It amazes me sometimes that a four year old can produce such volume. Who needs alarms when June is around? It also seems she is adopting her father's schedule which is fine as long as her father tolerates it. I have no desire to be awake at 4 am if at all possible, especially when I am in this small room. 

I begin to consider a looming departure for Jared. He has said nothing but his behavior is so telling that I sense it despite my isolation. General statements and questions lend  credence to my thoughts. I could be incorrect. Being isolated from everyone could be affecting my thinking but every deployment so far has produced the same behavior. Call it what you will but I sense it. 

Oh well. It is only another day in the life in the Navy. It has been good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment