Pages

Sunday, March 05, 2023

Day 1, Injection 1

 Today is day #1 for my I-131 therapy. That means I get an injection. It has to be in a large muscle so arms are not the target. I envision walking with a limp today. I get another injection tomorrow with the same  requirements so I will limp with the other side. I can already hear Chao lei's giggle. I only worry that June will wish to kiss my booboo to make it better.

Wednesday is the big day. I get to swallow a radioactive iodine pill that might make me nauseous but might not. I only know I must isolate from everyone for 5 days. Even Yuki the cat must stay away. Especially her since cats are very susceptible to the effects of my treatment. I do not wish her to be made ill so I anticipate hearing her pleading at my door to be let in for snuggles.

Jared has brought home a small refrigerator and a microwave. I also have a large supply of paper plates and bowl and plastic utensils since it is easier to throw away used dishes and utensils than it is to wash them in a bathroom sink. I have a limited diet anyway. No dairy, no seafood, no egg yolks, nothing with red dye #3, NO CHOCOLATE, nothing with soy in any form. I can have fruits, vegetables, nuts (unsalted), some meat (nothing ground), pasta (as long as it is low iodine), most sodas. It looks to be a culinary adventure this week.

I swear I do not know where it comes from. June is going to be challenging in her teens I think. In honesty, she already is. Yesterday, a man came to repair a window. When he entered, June said, "Well hey there handsome." Where is she getting these things she says? I do not recall saying such a thing to Jared. At the least, not that way.

This will be a challenging week I believe. Fortunately, Jared has the pleasure of solo time with his children. Does it count though? After all, he is able to escape to work every day. There is the solo weekend though. I am eager to hear the sounds of the household as I sit behind a locked door. LOL

1 comment:

  1. That does sound challenging. I hope the time passes quickly and the treatment is successful.

    ReplyDelete