Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Back to Normal?

It is Monday morning and I return to normal. I think.

As I opened the bedroom door this morning, there was June who promptly wrapper her arms around me and would not immediately let go. Chao lei gave me his usual "Hey, Mom." I got my first kiss in a week from Jared as he walked out the door for work.

I had intended on making breakfast but was informed it had already been done and finished. I guess I did not want anything since nothing remained of it. Except my destroyed kitchen. My poor kitchen. There was plenty of mess that will have to be dealt with at some point... probably by me if I wish to prepare dinner tonight. Leaving his mess for him to clean will not work because I would have no pots and pans to cook with. At the least he rinsed them. *sigh*

Back to school. I will discover how far behind they have allowed themselves to fall. I left work for them to accomplish while I was gone for those three days. End of 3rd quarter tests are next week so I hope it is not to far. I dislike these tests. They prove little. Students will study for an immanent exam. Give students the same questions in different order a week later with no chance to study and most do not perform as well as the first time. I will do this differently next year.

So... Back to being a wife. Back to being a mom. Back to being a teacher. Back to being Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment