Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2023

It is Cold

We thought to go for a hike yesterday but it was cold out and the children were not so easy to convince we should. One would think they did not enjoy cold noses. Of course, the cold noses are from their refusal to wear a scarf over their face. Rather than go for a walk in the cold we decided to watch movies; one big cuddle fest on the couch.

Chao lei has been watching someone and learning bad behaviors. It has not been his father since Jared has not been here. Even then, father's get some things that sons do not. As we were watching June's movie, Chao lei apparently became thirsty. His solution, while funny... sort of... was inappropriate. 

  • Chao lei: Mom, stand up.
  • Me: looked at him and continued to sit.
  • Chao lei: Mom! Stand up.
  • Me: I am reading.
  • Chao lei: Mom! Standup!
  • Me: I am reading! ( I moved forward a bit thinking I was sitting on something)
  • Chao lei: Mom! Stand up. Stand up. Stand up.
  • Me: "Alright!" I finally stood up.
  • Chao lei: While you are up, would you please get me a glass of water?
  • Jared: laughing uncontrollably
Jared got  a glare for his troubles. Chao lei got his own glass of water.

A movie for Chao lei and a movie for June seemed their limit for watching movies. It seems a movie for the parents was just too much so they trotted off to their rooms while Jared and I watched a movie that was NOT animated.

I noted that I need to make more dilly beans. Jared eats them like others eat chips. I had made 12 jars only days before he returned. Now I have a single jar that I must jealously guard if I wish to have any. The only thing left of 11 jars is the garlic clove; it is good but it is only a single clove. How does he eat so many? 

Commissary, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Chao Lei! "While you're already up....!" I admit, I laughed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Mei, I laughed so hard! That's something my boys would do! Do you have a lot of markets where you live? We try to stay away from the commissary because it is SO pricey here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are markets nearby but we go to those only sparingly since they are so expensive. Usually I go when there is something the commissary does not have or I can nit get there.

      Delete