Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

What the Heck Wednesday

 Welcome to “What the Heck” Wednesday where I recall some of the crazy things my children do or say. It happens often so I write down what silliness or profound thoughts one or both of my children reveal to me. I hope I am not the only parent that has these moments on a regular basis.


Jun has been a pill this week. Chao lei had a friend staying over. From her bedroom Jun walks out to the family room, topless and carrying a nerf gun.


Jun: “Hello, boys.”


I have got to monitor what she watches on tv better.


At the same time, she can be so bossy. We were at the park yesterday and she was “driving” the fire engine toy. She pointed at people giving them jobs and told one child, “You can sit down there”, pointing to a seat near here.  She told another, “You! Look through the telescope and look for fires.” I swear I do not know where she gets it from. I will blame her father for now.


Jun and Chao lei have their moments. I overheard the following conversation this morning as we went through our morning routine of readying for the day. Jun was protesting having to pick up her room so Chao lei offered her an alternative.


Chao lei: Jun, you can always do Mom’s job.
Jun: Heck no! I do not know how to cook.
Chao lei: I meant the cleaning part.
Jun: Um, noooooo.


My job? At this time, I consider myself fortunate she  picks up her own room, albeit with some protest.


Do your kids sometimes make you ask “What the heck?”

No comments:

Post a Comment