The current suggestion is Jared will not be here for our anniversary. He will likely miss Jun’s birthday… again. Poor girl has not had her father present for one yet. In all honesty, the way the Navy has been so far, I am surprised he is present for anything. It is almost as if they plan all their deployments to coincide with any family event. Barring an underway, he might be present for Chao lei’s birthday. Might.
For a change then, Jared is planning our 13th wedding anniversary celebration early. It will involve leave and childcare. He must plan this so early since leave for a captain is, apparently, no easy thing requiring much coordination.
Destinations suggested as possibilities so far are Sapporo, Kobe, and Tohoku. Sapporo is noted for its natural beauty and food. Kobe is noted for its beef and sake. Tohoku is noted for its natural beauty. Sapporo and Kobe are for Jared. There is food. Sapporo seems a compromise since there are destinations not related to food involved. Tohoku seems to consider only me. It is not noted for anything other than the natural beauty surrounding it.
Since an anniversary involves both of us, I hope he remembers to plan something for himself. Many times he has neglected himself. While that makes me feel very special, it also makes me feel guilty. As attractive as Tohoku sounds, I think I will refuse it in favor of Kobe. Let this one be for him. I will have my wish already. I will be with him. I am content to go to places he wishes. It only matters that I am with him.
He plans for the end of February/beginning of March but it will be determined by what period leave is granted for.
Remember what I have said about plans though. It is the Navy so be prepared for plans to change. One never knows about the Navy. They may just allow us to follow through. I will not hold my breath for anything of his plans but I will laugh, shake my head, and help him plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment