Recalling the good things that happen is a good idea I think. It is easy to become lost in the negative aspects of living. Rebecca, over at Knit by God's Hand has started a InLinkz group to celebrate positive things that have occurred in life so here is mine.
Goof things for January must begin with the return of my husband. He was away for six months (+/-) following a carrier around the Pacific Ocean. Of course, that is what destroyers do. Months of face-timing still does not replace in person contact, especially for children. Here is hoping his ship escapes the carrier group cruise this year (do not tell him I said that).
As determined as a mother can be to keep certain household items away from children, the children seem as determined to find them. June discovered the scissors and that they can cut hair. "That is not good," you say. Usually, I would agree. What is positive about it is the damage was not extensive because she panicked. Once the first snip was done she noted she could not reattach it and I do not know if it was good thinking on her part or panic that Mother is sure to notice the missing hair if she cuts anymore. It could also be that I walked in on her standing before the mirror trying to reattach her hair. Her expression upon noticing I was watching her was priceless. She entertains me like this often.
We finally took a family hike. While Jared was gone, I got lazy... ish. Ok. I made excuses why hikes were not a regular occurrence. I am a teacher. I teach all week and can only grade on weekends. When Jared comes home, that excuse will not work. After all, he captains a ship. How much more busy is he than me and yet he takes the time for family outings. This is good for two things. First, we went for a hike. Second, the effects of not going was made clear to me. Staying home leads children to become grumpy and with the grump factor, they find ways to expend their energies and they are not always constructive. Regular outings it is no matter the perceived inconvenience.
Celebrating Lunar New Year was better this year than last. This year, Covid restrictions were minimal, shops were open. People remained masked but this is Japan. They are always masked by choice regardless of Covid. this year the dragon dancers were plenty. Small celebrations were to found in many, if not all, neighborhoods and one was welcome at any of them. It is said that more fireworks are set off around the world during this time than all over the world on any other time, combined. Given the noise, I believe it.
The year will be a good one if I judge it how January has began it.
Let me try again! :)
ReplyDeleteIt would be so cool to see the dragon parades! Visiting from Thankful Thursdays....thenotsoperfectcatholic.com