Another week has passed and my children have yet to fail to entertain, embarrass, or confuse me. I often wonder if I am the only parent that goes through this. And Jared has spoken of another. I reminded him he is not here for the majority of these events. It is east for him to not see them.
June was watching Paw Patrol and or some reason Chao lei decided to turn off the TV so she bit his butt cheek. Jared was not here for that. Ship's business kept him late. It was left for me to think of why she decided biting Chao lei's butt was appropriate.
Of course, June is quick to expose my laziness for my husband to take note of.
- I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner.
- June: It is ok Mommy. Just order us down town.
- Me: Uh… what is that?
- June: The one with the black and white bear.
- Me: You mean Panda?
- June: Yeah. That one.
It seems in Jared's absence, I may have ordered take-out a little too often.
To cap off her week between posts, not 20 minutes ago, I was in June's room, folding her clothes.
- June: Suddenly running past the door, naked, “I’m fast!”
- Me: Stunned, "June! Where are your clothes?"
- June: On the floor!
- Me: Why?
- June: They slow me down!
Chao lei was easy in comparison. He just entered the room and announced "We have not hear this song in a while!" The song? "Let's Talk About Sex." Then it dawned on him and a he became extremely awkward and I just asked him if he was sure he was ready for that conversation. I was assured that no, he would wait for a later date. As he left the room red faced, I could not help but laugh. Perhaps a little too much and too loud.
There is my week with the children. How entertaining was yours?
Oh my gosh! Kids are so funny! Spencer has been singing "Sexy and I Know It" a lot lately, and I've had to tell him it's not appropriate for his age haha! Also, June is so silly for biting Chao Lei's butt! haha! It's something Mieke would do!
ReplyDelete