Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A thought...

A thought has occurred to me. ◔_◔ It is a nice day and warm. Mother says I may leave Little One with her but I must take Jiao. It seems I am not the only one who has been too long inside since Mother says Jiao is making her crazy.

I suppose I could tell you Little One's Chinese name since he will not be normally addressed by it (except by Mother and Father). It is amusing to me now why Lt agreed to it in the beginning. It will not be difficult to think of his English name since, as I have been told by others instead of Lt, it sounds so close to a common nick name. It is Chao Lei. At the least it is not pronounced as Chuck and both families will be able to speak it regardless of their language.

I am told Lt may return soon. I have been told this before. If soon is to mean several weeks then I believe what is said. What I know is when the ship returns, he will be first to depart it since it is tradition to let new fathers leave the ship before all others when they arrive home. 

There is milk ready and the baby sleeps. It is time to walk even if only a short distance.

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having a western name and an eastern name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how does one pronounce your little ones name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat... it is enough to pronounce it chow lay.

    ReplyDelete