Pages

Saturday, March 02, 2013

One Week

One week has passed. It has passed quickly. Chao Lei and I are setting our routine. It is not so horrible as I was first told it could be.  The first nights I found it difficult to sleep fearing he would wake to be fed. Mother finally told me to express milk and she would feed him should he wake. He seems to have chosen to feed only each four hours. I find this very acceptable.

The photographer will be here for the first portraits Thursday morning. We are hoping for open eyes for a short time at the least. He has such pretty eyes. You will also see he will require a haircut soon! lol

Lt remains beyond the horizon for us. The Navy has not seen fit to return him just yet. Even the Captain pretends to be eager to "get him off the boat" since he endlessly speaks of his son and shows pictures often. He tells me Lt will not be allowed to be first to depart the ship but will be thrown from it. In any case, I am eager for him to meet his son.

Mother is, well, Mother. She busily moves about my house doing whatever she is able to find to do. I continue to pay Sakai so that I do not lose him after Mother and Jiao return home. He insists he must do something for his pay so I have the cleanest car on the base since there is little else for him to do. I admire his integrity and have complete faith in him to care for my home and whatever else I may leave in his charge.

Jiao is a bored teenager. I do what I am able to occupy her time but it is not so much since the baby requires so much attention. We walk different routes daily. I show her places I know. We eat at the small shops. But there is not enough time for her. Her preference would be for us to be out all day rather than only a couple of hours. She wishes I still lived at my house so she could at least go to the nieces for fun.

I still am amazed that I am now a mother. Such a wonder that has been put in my charge. I pray I prove worthy.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I am so incredible happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt your little one will be so well loved :)
    I laughed and felt a bit sad for your Lt for him having the joy of his first son but being separated from you and little one. I hope it is soon he is there with you and your family is complete again.
    I laughed at the "boredom" of a teenager. Yes, they seem to have endless energy when it comes to doing activities outside the home but suddenly lose all use of even their legs when they are IN the home and are required to do chores.

    ReplyDelete