Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beautiful sunrise


The view of their entry to the dock yesterday. What better day to greet you on your return to home.

I will say that I was eager for Lt to return but for them to do so early in the morning? Even Mother remained in bed and sent Jiao to help me for the morning. I would be there no matter the time but Cl was not so happy to be awakened. He now returns the favor.

As was promised, Lt was first to leave the ship since he was to be introduced to his son. Even in the formalities of the Navy, it seems there is room for humor. After proper salutes the Officer of the Deck feigned a kick to Lt's backside kicking him from the ship.

Aside from a very small kiss, I was largely ignored at the beginning. I do not fault him. I have enjoyed several days of our son. He has only just met him. I will not pretend to know what it is he thought while underway knowing he had a son he has not met. Given Lt's character though, I can imagine his eagerness to return home to meet his son.

Lt did do a thing that caused me anxiety. After my small kiss and receiving of Cl he turned to the ship and held him aloft showing him to the ship. Lt immediately knew of my concern from my squeak and round eyes. Surprisingly, a cheer was sounded from the decks. As other sailors departed the ship they came to inspect this child they were "constantly forced to see pictures of."

Since Lt is now home, Mother makes plans to return to her home. I believe Jiao is ready to return home also. In any case, I have enjoyed their visit and assistance even through Mother's constant coaching of what I need do as a mother. Much of it was helpful.

Cl's pictures are to be ready today. I will post as soon as I have them.

2 comments:

  1. Yaay! Glad you are reunited! Enjoy the family time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! I'm glad your family is back together.

    ReplyDelete