Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Yay Mother!

Mother is what I hope to be.

She spends her day traveling with a teenager. First from her home to the airport then from another airport to my home. I would believe she would wish to rest. I would be incorrect.

Mother saw my laundry when she entered my apartment. Much to Jiao's displeasure she was instructed to begin laundry immediately. With only a little grumbling she began her task of washing my clothes. It is good she has learned arguing with Mother is useless. I did attempt to assist her but I also have learned not to argue with Mother. After a smile and a "Mother has spoken" shrug for Jiao, I sat as I was instructed.

Luggage remained in the living until Jiao had a moment to remove it to their bedrooms because Mother began cooking immediately. I came to the kitchen once but was told to return to my chair. Instead I listened to the occasional "Mei Mei! Where is..." as dinner was prepared.

I do miss Mother's cooking. It is much better than mine. You would find even Lt believes it is Mother who cooks better. He is jealous even now that he is not here to enjoy her food.

Here is dinner she prepared last night. This is her idea of fast food. It is lemon chicken and vegetables. It means it only took her 30 minutes to prepare it. Dinner tonight will not be so fast. She has already begun preparing. In a short time I will be required to visit the commissary for missing ingredients. Dorothy will accompany me. Her reward is Mother has insisted she dine with us. I thought to ask Tammy but she is on watch.

Even after her immediate detail of laundry, Jiao still seems to like me. :-) She has remained at my side most of the morning. She did not complain of my early rising. She simply joined me for breakfast. Mother even joined us but scowled at the Frosted Mini-Wheats we ate. Though she is attentive and knows my difficulties, she remains a teenager and wishes to explore. I have told her this is not as Oregon where she could wander more freely. Here I must accompany her everywhere. I have assured her she may accompany me when I am out. Unfortunately for her I do not anticipate it will be often I am out.

I am happy they are here. I would be happier if Lt was here also. As they say, "Welcome to Navy Life."

2 comments: