Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rescued

I need not travel to Narita airport to retrieve Mother and Jiao. They will ride the train from the airport directly to Yokosuka. Dorothy has volunteered to help me retrieve them from the station this afternoon.

I am happy their arrival is so soon. It has been difficult accomplishing my daily tasks with Lt being underway and now I will have help. I know it sounds selfish of me. I do wish to see them. I have missed them. It is only that my house is not kept as I prefer it to be.

Some things have simply been put off. Laundry, for instance. I have done none. Bending to unload the dryer... I groan only thinking of it. I am fortunate my assistance arrives today else I would be required to wash something or be happy walking about naked. Security would not be pleased. I do not believe even Tammy would permit me to do so. :-D

Also, I am depleted of my store of easy to make foods and I do not wish to stand long to prepare a meal. Mother, on the other hand, enjoys cooking and does it well. My microwave will suffer neglect while she is here. I am pleased she will not permit me foods such as corn dogs or burritos but I am sure to get fatter (is it possible? lol).

I do not anticipate Lt will return before the delivery. What I hear from around the base and some hints from the FRG cause me to think this. Their constant inquiries of my delivery and of help available do not require an extreme level of intelligence from me to conclude he will not be in attendance. It does mean Lt will be the first to leave the ship when they do return! (ツ)

Such is the life of a Navy wife.

1 comment:

  1. SO happy that your family with be there very very soon. :) Enjoy the rest and pampering that I'm sure you will get. :)

    ReplyDelete