Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Communications

I have received the latest email from Lt. He expended great effort to tell me nothing.

"Dear Mei, I can't tell you where we are at or where we are going or when we will be home. Things are going well. I look forward to coming home. Lt" His version was much more wordy (214 words) and I am too lazy to write it all. I suppose I could copy/paste. No, there is no cause for you to be bored too.

We will require time to decide what is an acceptable email. I know there is often very limited time when underway. But I do believe my version would be faster to write. "Dear Mei, I am well. I think of you and Little One often. I love you. Lt." It tells me what I wish to hear; he loves me and is well. I already know he is unable to tell me of ship business. What is the purpose of telling me he can not tell me?

I suppose I should be happy he writes at all.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm here from the walkabout. I look forward to reading your blog. :)

    Jen @ kyleandjensmith.blogspot.com
    The Adventures of our Army Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. We (us guys) sometimes forget what is most important to say because we're too focused on what we wish we could say.

    ReplyDelete