I have experienced few week ends that I have enjoyed as much as I have the last two days.
It began with a drive to Winston with Coastie for a community party. It had a western theme. Many people wandered about the grounds saying "Howdy" and "Y'all come back now. Hear?" They were dressed as cowboys and ladies of the day. I questioned going but I am happy to have done so. It has proven to me that I must be willing to experience new things. If I had not gone, I would not have had such fun nor met many new people. Many games and much food occupied the day.
Today was spent eating BBQ ribs and hearing much music. I sat to listen to many different singers and musicians. It was an enjoyable day. Unfortunately, Coastie had duty so I was alone. It was the only negative thing of the day.
Such enjoyment surely relaxes more than medicines. I will sleep with a smile tonight.
I agree. Once in a while it is good to force yourself to do things you're unmotivated to do.
ReplyDeletei must have sense that western theme in the air. i was wearing my cowgirl boots the whole time :)
ReplyDeleteHello, I have come over from Loofa's blog. I enjoy very much your comments there, and reading some of your blog. I find myself picking up the cadence of your speech! Possibly because you speak it correctly, while we tend to speak "american" instead of English. I hope you will not mind if I read and occasionally comment. Very nice to "meet" you.
ReplyDeleteJean
Loofa... Perhaps Coastie is good for me in that sense. He has exposed me to events I would not have considered attending.
ReplyDeleteAafrica... One of us was wearing boots at the least. I am afraid I was unprepared for the dress of the day.
jeankfl... I would be pleased for you to visit often and comment as you wish. My english is as I was taught and with assistance from a dictionary. Unfortunately I was not taught "conversational" english so it is now that I learn it. Have patience as my words grow in number.