Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Carrying on

Coasty and I are getting along well still.

He continues to drive here during the week to visit in spite of my concerns for him. He did at the least rest for a time. He informed me he did not wish to be seperate for so long a time and if I did not come to him, he would come to me. He has kept his word. At the most we do not see each other for 2 days.

His frequent visits are encouraged by his training that approaches. He will be gone several weeks until he returns. I am unsure how long. He has decided to become a rescue swimmer. Before he leaves, I am to be allowed a short cruise on the rescue launch. They will demonstrate what it is they do. I am excited to see.

It is beginning to appear to others we are a couple. If one is seem without the other we are asked of the other's location. It is somewhat unsettling to walk the shops of Depoe Bay and have an unfamiliar person ask me the location of Coastie. I politely answer with what information I have but it takes me by surprise still.

Is this what it is to "become a couple"? If it is so, I do not object to it. It comforts me to know that someone I spend time with and care for has such respect from those around him. It may sound selfish but I feel pride as someone recognises me as Coastie's companion. I am careful to always appear tidy and be respectful so I do not cause shame to him but inside I stand straight and hold my head high.

I am beginning to fear a day I will no longer be able to cling closely to him and feel his strong arms about me but I must not dwell on it for much time for that is a silly thought. We are new to each other still. There is much time before I need fret of such things.

1 comment:

  1. From your description, it sounds like a good relationship; you're both very fortunate to have one another.

    ReplyDelete