Pages

Friday, October 27, 2006

Listening at the Speed of Light

Today, Amanda came to my house. She is Cherry's niece. It was obvious she was very excited but it was some time before I could determin why.

It was strange for me that she arrived by the school bus at my drive. I thought it was certain some poor child would find themself deposited at a stranger's house. Usually Amanda may stop at Cherry's house and then come to visit me. Today, it was not so.

She came to me quickly speaking very quickly. I could not understand her words but their urgency frightened me and I began speaking chinese.

Stop laughing.

After several minutes of neither of us understanding the phone rang. Imagine Mother Bing's distress hearing Amanda in the background speaking as she was and hearing me speaking chinese as excitedly as Amanda spoke.

I said stop laughing.

Mother Bing calmed me enough to speak english once again. She asked me what was happening. I did not know as Amanda was not yet calm to speak at a pace I am able to hear and understand. Mother Bing brought Father Bing to my house.

Mother Bing was able to calm Amanda enough for her to understand the distress. It seems Amanda's boyfriend has decided he is interested in another girl. *sigh* All of this for a 15 year old boy breaking the heart of a 14 year old girl.

I am not yet ready to be a mother to girls. I will prefer sons in the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. :-)

    You start blurting out and chattering in Chinese when you're frightened?

    I wish I could witness this. I'd try not to laugh, but no promises.

    By the way, are you ready to be a mother if they're sons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sons will have their own challenges but there is at least the father to send them to when there are boy issues to be cared for.

    ReplyDelete