It has been a while since the last posting and even though we are busier than usual, my children still make me Laugh. Chao lei was the greatest source of “What the Heck?” moments. A normal time of preparing for an evening of clothes that fit loosely, I was in my bedroom changing into sweats and I received a phone call from Chao lei.
Me: Why are you calling me from another room?
Chao lei: I am locking the closet. *click*
Me: OK… Good for you.
After several moments go by, phone rings again…
Chao lei: I AM LOCKED IN THE CLOSET!
Me: Oh. Someone will be there in a moment. Jun! Go let your brother out of the closet!
Jun: Why? I just put him in there.
Chao lei (after being let out): I love my sister. I really do. Can’t wait to see what my next sister does.
He is learning some things I would rather he not learn that result in off-color jokes. The other day, in all seriousness…
Chao lei: Mom. Does it make sense to call the end piece of a loaf of bread the hoe?
Me: What?
Chao lei: Well, it makes sense because everyone touches it, but nobody wants it.
Me: Jared! Speak with your son.
Jun had her moment this week. It seems it has been a rough week since she usually does not behave this way. She was upset because I would not take her to McDonald’s. On the way home she fell asleep. When I woke her to go in the house, she immediately started crying and fussing about no McDonald’s and went to her room and laid down. After 30 minutes or so, she came out of her room…
Jun: I am upset with myself. I should not have been chosen to be a kid.
Such a difficult life. Oh, if only my worst problem was McDonald’s or not.
Children are worth it if only for their entertainment value.
oh my gosh...the bread one! hahaha that's something my boys would pick up!
ReplyDelete