Pages

Monday, April 01, 2024

Week 12

Su Zan is the size of a plumb.

Finally! The nausea is beginning to almost disappear. That is wonderful except that now dizziness is setting in. I did not have dizziness with Chao lei and Jun so this is new. It usually occurs when I am standing or walking. It is not bad as long as there is a wall or chair to hang on to. In that regard, I have some wonderful students who watch to see what else is going to happen with their teacher.

Headaches are on the menu now. I have discovered that if I drink lots of water, they are very mild and less frequent. Of course, more water creates problems of its own considering the thimble size bladder I now possess. I am fortunate my classroom is only feet from the lavatory. I have a seat reserved.


I am not showing much but my pants are becoming uncomfortably tight. A shopping trip to the NEx is in order. There are multiple new things for this pregnancy. One is Jared can accompany me to the NEx to shop for clothes. His tastes are not exact to mine but sometimes he chooses veery well. With summer approaching and a relocation to Spain, his choices have tended toward very bright colors like yellow, orange, red, and blue. He held up a pair of yellow shorts that were so bright as to give headaches. Of course, soon, I will be unable to see them as I wear them. Lol  I am not against bright colors, especially in summer. It is only that many of Jared’s choices are so bright will enable me to be used as a traffic light at night.  I do not wish to be an advertisement for a Caribbean cruise ship. I also need dark clothing for those less than happy days. Am I the only one who does not wish to look cheerful when I am grumpy?

We have 68 days left in Japan. It is hard to believe leaving is so close. Our checklist is getting shorter by the day. In two weeks my things will be gone so my house already seems empty. Call it what you will but I hate to wait until the last moment. Besides, if I do not pack my pictures carefully who will? Kat will believe I do not think much of her work if I do not protect it.

You know you are close to leaving when you begin to run out of appointments to out-process. We are coming to the last boxes to check picking up records and paperwork. The only real appointments for me are our HHG pick up and UB pickup. Jared still has a few though.

Change of Command is in four weeks. The good thing of that is I do not have to plan anything. I need only show up to the ceremony. It is not like I am rescued or anything. I get to plan the ceremony when Jared assumes command in Rota. Fortunately, venues on base are very familiar with these ceremonies so planning is not the overwhelming task they may seem to be. Failure to plan though, can be disastrous.

The days are rushing by. We will be in Spain before we know it. I am becoming excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment