Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Moving and Other Stuff

It is here. Our HHG will be picked up tomorrow. My house will be bare. At least all the boxes will be gone. I am afraid the packers will have little to do but put the boxes in the crates. All that will remain are the things that will be shipped in our HB shipment; clothes, some utensils, stuff we will need on arrival..

The canyons that are my house seem hazardous, especially for Jun because she wants to climb the “mountains.” It is funny how I do not wish for my things to go away but I will be happy when the “mountains” of boxes are gone and she must play on the “plains” that will be the bare floors.

It all means we are closer to leaving. We have today only 51 days remaining. It is exciting and terrifying at the same time. We are as prepared as one can be moving to a new place. I believe we have learned enough Spanish to survive at the beginning. At least, we will not starve. Lol Language classes will continue on our arrival.

Jun is having the easiest time of it. Her vocabulary in Spanish is greater than mine. Even Chao Lei speaks better than I do. Can I claim I already have other languages that I speak so it is more difficult to learn? No, that does not work. My children are tri-lingual so no excuse there. I am old? No, 42 is not old really.

This is week 14 of pregnancy. Su is the size of an orange. This week it seems to be uneventful though I do feel a little more energetic than the last few weeks. Well, I am also hungrier than normal. This I did not experience with Chao lei or Jun. I still feel the sting of losing Li Jing but since life will not wait for me to fully accept it, I move forward.

I thank those who wished good things for me last week. It is gratefully accepted and appreciated. It helped very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment