I have friends that cause me to think. Some accompany me on this journey called faith. Some accompany me on this journey called military life. Some simply accompany me.
This blog has introduced so many people to me that have helped me in ways they probably do not even think of. My oldest and once most thought-provoking friend I rarely see anything from now. If I believe my analytics he regularly visits. At least, I have a regular visitor from his city. I choose to believe he at least keeps tabs on my blog. Now if he would only resume his writing as he promised he would. I am waiting my friend.
Another friend, that has passed away, gave me advice of what to do as not just a wife, not just a Navy wife, but as a naval officer’s wife too. It was such a frightening new world to me. I felt as I did when first coming to America. It did not help anything to discover my behavior could affect his career. Her advice was as a mother to guide me to live well and properly. I miss her so much. I often have moments I forget she is no longer there, and I feel her loss freshly.
Others have abandoned this blogland. I miss Jen and her efforts to become a mother. I once felt guilty mentioning my pregnancy fearing it would cause pain in her life but eventually was able to celebrate her conception and watch the beginnings of her daughter’s life. It seems life became very busy for her after that and she left us. It is understandable. Her daughter must come first. Still, I wonder of 4 year old “E” and pray she is doing well.
One has abandoned this place for “Crackbook”, as she called it once. At least, I can keep in touch with her there, but I must be careful I am not trapped by an addiction to “social media” sites as so many are. I continue to steal her photographs since she has never rescinded permissions.
I have one who may understand my latest compulsion. Korean dramas. I am absolutely hooked by them. She has given me much advice perhaps without knowing she has done so or how much it was needed I have been allowed to watch her children grow and experience a world most children will see only in books. I hope to teach my children the same things.
I have another that has taught me grace. She is somewhere she did not wish to be but has displayed grace enough for the casual observer to believe it was her greatest desire. She finds the positive of her situation. When I begin to think sour of where I am now or where I may be going, I think of her and correct my mind. I do look forward to see when she returns to her islands.
I have a new friend that reminds me of where I have come from. She lives a simple life in a small village. Though it is not so now, my village was small. The life there was simple. I see her difficulties and remember my own. I can only envision her facing them with a determined smile for that is all I see in her writings. What can one do but press forward and find the joy that is there but is not so obvious to some that are accustomed to more? I smile when she writes of difficulties. Not because she is having them but because I know she is pressing forward. She does not get stuck there. She has better things to do.
Another friend I watch her walking her faith and it inspires me to walk mine better. She does not preach with her words. She teaches with her behavior. I have always been guilty of watching closely, too closely according to some. As I have read her writing, I have found inspiration. If He is anything I believe him to be, her Savior is proud.
I have been blogging here since 2006. I have “met” many people and have been made better for having met them. I have written out thoughts to help me become clearer only to receive advice from those who know better ways. I have received encouragement and correction when I most desperately needed it. I find it disappointing when some take long to write (you know who you are) but I understand life goes on sometimes faster than we care for it to so one must prioritize things.
To any that read here, know this: What you write blesses me more than you may think. I find wisdom and encouragement in every post. I thank you all for blessing my life.
I thought this was a post that was going to end with you saying you weren't going to write anymore. I'm so glad it wasn't! Almost all bloggers have moved to other platforms, or keep their blogs mostly as ways to make money, and I do miss the variety of blogs people wrote a decade ago. It's such a good way to learn about how other people live, think, and feel. And that is definitely you for me. Thank you for writing, as well.
ReplyDelete